Tuesday 31 July 2012

Fish Out of Water....

The very same day, exactly one year ago ,ie on July 31st , I was at Mysore campus.It was
just awesome.It's something that leaves you awestruck.The luxurious rooms, the fabulous
food (well.. initially), the unbelievable infrastructure was startlingly impressive. And thus
began,the most eventful trial of my life.

It was a huge and diverse batch of more 1000 trainees from different parts of India.
Different culture, attitudes,dressing styles. I saw micro-skirts and ultra shorts for the
first time! First week,we had induction and the Do's and Don'ts which was kinda scary.

Life was heavenly,the first week.I realised that weekend was the best thing about the
campus.We get to watch movies at our own multiplex.We just need to be in queue for
about 2-3 hours!!. Queues were the integral part of life there.Then, began the ordeal.
The training started. The very first day, I realised its no cake walk. I, coming from
electronics background, struggled like hell. Tasted utter failure for the first time in life
and later on, it became a habit. Flunking had become the part and parcel of my life!!

The best hideout became my room.My single room,My TV,My bed.That became my
world.Slowly started realising that couple of friends from college weren't there for me.
It's in such situations that you realise who your real friends are!!And that's how I got
two best friends of my life!! And sorry,I am not talking of boyfriends here!!.
We flunked together,went roaming around at night inside the campus , saw some
unforgettable scenes (ahem ahem!!) and just because of that went again and again
:-P..Oooh la la!! ;)

Then there came the extended training.Another milestone!.I had a friend who was so
passionate of film-making. Always dreamt of being a director.A simple,honest guy.
We were facing the most critical exam that decides whether we are IN or OUT of the
 company.My system got shut down at the very beginning. I was so pissed off. Finally,
after trying many systems, gave my exam.The result was fine for me..I was safe,for a
change!.But fewof my friends,including the movie freak, were caught for copying.
Their codes were similar. This person was sitting next to me and all he did was,code
code and code.I was shocked.After few days,came to know that he was expelled...

A few days later,I got a mail to meet up with HR as I had used many systems to give
my exam.Case of Multiple log in. It's like,I cheated. I don't know the exam invigilator
on that day who made me shift from my 'dabba' system to another and to another...
It was time to meet the HR...

2 comments:

  1. ha ha wen u ppl wre bk at home i made a fb status

    "infy chicks bak at home wit 'their bathroom, their toilet, their bed' pics.... give us some space too..... "

    i dnt rmbr the figures of ppl who blockd and unfriend me.... :D

    ReplyDelete